How to Find the Best Dentist in the Austin Area
Finding a dentist can seem daunting, especially in a big city like Austin, TX, where there are many to choose from. There are several considerations to keep in mind as you search to ensure you are receiving the highest level of dental care possible. Let's explore things you should consider as you are looking for a dentist in Central Austin and how 38th Street Dental may be just the dental practice you are searching for.
Top Things to Consider When Searching for a Dentist in Austin
We all have different priorities in dental care, but these six factors make the most sense when you're looking for a good dentist in your part of Austin.
1. Does the Dentist Offer Comprehensive Treatment Options?
When shopping for a dentist in Central Austin, finding one to fit all your oral health needs is important. Otherwise, you will find yourself visiting multiple dentists for your concerns.
2. Where Is the Dental Office Located in the City of Austin?
While traveling for excellent dental care can be worth the hassle, finding a dentist close to you can make your life easier. Look for an Austin dental office that's near you or places you're often at. This can save you travel time from your home, school, or place of work.
3. Does the Dentist Have the Right Amount of Experience?
It is important to find a dentist who is experienced in your needed treatments as well as others. Look at the dentist's credentials and education when exploring your options.
4. Does the Dental Office Use State-of-the-Art Technology?
Advances in dental technology allow for better patient care, comfort, and outcomes. They can also reduce risks as well as pain and your time in the chair.
5. Does the Patient Have High Patient Reviews and Satisfaction Ratings?
Patient testimonials are a good indicator of the care you will receive. See what others are saying about your dentist on Google, Yelp, or Facebook.
6. Does the Dentist Offer Any Sedation Options?
If you have dental anxiety, fear, sensitivity, or just simply cannot sit comfortably for long periods, sedation options can make your dental experience more comfortable and positive.
"At 38th Streeth Dental, we have over 500 reviews on Google with a 5-star rating."
So Why Choose 38th Street Dental?
There are many reasons why patients choose 38th Street Dental in Austin for their needs.
At 38th Street Dental, we offer comprehensive dental services so you can achieve a healthy, beautiful, and functional smile in one convenient location.
Some of the featured services performed at our Austin practice include dental implants, veneers, All-on-4® dental implants, and restorative dentistry. We also provide other cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry options.
Take a look at our full list of dentistry services to see everything we offer that can help you keep your teeth and gums beautiful and healthy.
Location, Location, Location
Our practice is located in Austin, TX. We serve many patients from nearby Central Austin communities such as Oakmont Heights, Bryker Woods, Rosedale, Tarrytown, Heritage, and North University. Our dental office is just off N Mopac Expy, and less than a mile from Ascension Seton Medical Center.
Finding an experienced dental professional can make all the difference. I have over 25 years of experience. I have also completed over 500 hours of continuing education and lecture on behalf of one of the world's largest dental implant companies, Nobel Biocare™.
My partner, Dr. David J. Tasch, became a dentist in 1997 and is similarly highly trained. He is passionate and dedicated to providing Austin and the surrounding communities with expert and compassionate dentistry.
Dr. Tasch and I founded 38th Street Dental to serve our patients with the highest level of care possible. We take a well-rounded approach to providing this high level of patient-focused care:
- Do No Harm - We firmly believe in the Hippocratic Oath: "Do no harm" and believe that prevention measures are best whenever possible as this will save our patients time and money.
- Education - We also believe in empowering our Austin patients with the education they need to maintain a healthy, beautiful, and functional smile that lasts for years to come. When you choose 38th Street Dental, you can rest assured that we will serve you with expert, compassionate, and personalized dentistry.
- Communication - Finally, we take our time with each patient and will never rush your appointment. It is important to us that you feel heard and that you fully understand your treatment options and what dental services we offer so you can make an educated decision about your oral health.
We have over 500 reviews on Google with a 5-star rating. Our patients appreciate our expertise, our patient-focused approach, and our excellent service.
We believe that technology allows us to provide world-class care. Our Austin dental practice uses state-of-the-art dental technology and materials. These include digital X-rays, 3D printed surgical guides, CT scanning, and Nobel Biocare dental implants.
Digital X-rays reduce your exposure to radiation, and there is no wait time for development, saving you time in the chair. 3D-printed surgical guides allow us to plan and execute treatments like dental implant placement with more accuracy and precision.
Patients with dental anxiety or phobia often find just visiting the dentist daunting. Our Austin practice offers sedation options to ensure you are completely comfortable during your treatment. At 38th Street Dental in Austin, TX, our sedation options include:
- Oral Sedation - This method of sedation consists of an anxiety medication that is prescribed ahead of your treatment. You will be in a semi-conscious state and able to respond to your dental team, but you will be relaxed. You will need a responsible adult to take you to and from your appointment as you will be unable to drive.
- Nitrous Oxide - This form of sedation is also known as laughing gas. When administered through a mask, nitrous oxide helps induce a relaxed feeling. It also wears off quickly with minimal side effects so you can go on with your day and drive yourself after your appointment.
We understand that financial aspects are important when finding a dentist in Austin. Our practice accepts CareCredit® and LendingClub to finance the cost of your treatment into affordable monthly payments to fit your budget.
See Why Austin Loves Us
Contact Us to Set Up a Dental Visit
For over 25 years, 38th Street Dental has provided the patients of Austin, TX, with expert, compassionate, and comprehensive dental care. Our dedication to patient education and satisfaction helps us stand out in the community as a top dental provider. If you have been searching for a dentist in Austin, your search is over. Become a part of the 38th Street Dental family by contacting us to request a consultation today. We look forward to having you as a member of our dental family.
About C. Mike Meek, DDS
Dr. Mike Meek is a dental implant authority who lectures nationally for Nobel Biocare on the subject. He has a Fellowship with the Academy of General Dentistry.