Restorative Dentistry Can Repair Damaged Teeth, Enhance Your Smile, and Renew Your Oral Function
C. Mike Meek, DDS, and David J. Tasch, DDS, are high-tech dentists who provide a variety of restorative dentistry treatments. At their Austin, TX, practice, restorative procedures include dental fillings, bridges, and dentures. We also collaborate with skilled surgeons to provide a full array of implant-supported restorations. Thanks to implants, we can provide incredibly secure prosthetics that will be a near-perfect match to your natural teeth. At 38th Street Dental, we can even combine various restorative procedures in a full mouth reconstruction. No matter what treatments you receive, Drs. Meek and Tasch will work carefully and meticulously to provide truly personalized care.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dental treatments are designed to repair compromised teeth, replace those that are missing, and fully restore your healthy bite. Our treatments can also fortify your teeth to prevent additional damage. If you struggle with any of the following oral health conditions, you will benefit from at least one of our restorative procedures:
- Dental decay
- One or more missing teeth
- A cracked tooth
- A weak or eroded tooth
Although we are ready to repair dental damage as effectively as possible, our first goal is to prevent serious health conditions from occurring in the first place.
Restorative Treatments at 38th Street Dental
Drs. Meek and Tasch provide a full selection of restorative treatments. Procedures include:
- Tooth-colored fillings: If you have a small or medium-sized cavity, we will typically recommend a filling. However, instead of a traditional metal restoration, which can eventually start to show through your tooth, we will provide a tooth-colored filling made from composite. Not only will it match your smile, it will bond to your tooth more securely.
- Dental implants: Titanium dental implants will fuse with your jawbone and replace your tooth roots. Our dentists will refer you to an oral surgeon or periodontist for implant placement. Then they will fabricate a custom-made implant-supported crown or bridge to top the post to replace your missing tooth. Implants can also support bridges and dentures. THEY ARE extremely stable, and they can prevent bone loss.
- Bridges: A bridge can replace one to three missing teeth. This type of restoration is made up of several crowns fused together. We can provide a traditional bridge, which will attach to your natural teeth. Alternatively, we can supply an implant-supported restoration, made with a zirconia base and lifelike porcelain crowns to prevent damage to neighboring teeth and provide a better long-term result.
- Implant-supported dentures: State-of-the-art dental implants can even support full-arch dentures. To support a full prosthetic, your surgeon will place four or more implant posts. In many cases, we can collaborate with your surgeon to provide All-on-4® dentures in a single appointment.
- Full mouth reconstruction: If you have extensive damage or multiple oral health concerns, we can merge several treatments in a comprehensive full mouth reconstruction. Your treatment plan will be completely customized to meet your health needs. We will consider your cosmetic goals and budget, as well.
- Root canal therapy: If the soft tissue within a tooth becomes infected, a root canal procedure can relieve painful symptoms and help you avoid the need for extraction. Using gentle techniques and anesthesia, we can remove the infected tissue and restore it with a custom dental crown.
Benefits of Regular Dental Visits
Although we are ready to repair dental damage as effectively as possible, our first goal is to prevent serious health conditions from occurring in the first place. That is why it is so important to visit our office at least twice a year. With routine visits, we can remove the bacteria that cause decay, gum disease, and subsequent tooth loss. We can also catch dental problems in their earliest stages. Then we can provide more conservative, convenient treatments.
Contact 38th Street Dental Today
We use the most advanced techniques in restorative dentistry for your comfort and health. If you are suffering from dental damage, or if you simply want to schedule a routine cleaning, contact our office today to book an appointment.