If you have severe dental damage or multiple missing teeth, full mouth reconstruction at our Austin, TX, practice can restore your smile and oral function. During this treatment, Dr. C. Mike Meek or Dr. David J. Tasch will typically combine a full implant-supported denture with multiple restorative procedures to meet your particular needs. In some cases, your dentist may also include cosmetic treatments to improve your smile's appearance. At 38th Street Dental, we use the top-of-the-line dental materials. Therefore, your restorations will be durable and incredibly lifelike. Most importantly, we take a personalized approach to treatment. We will keep you fully informed about your care, and we will collaborate with you when creating your treatment plan.
Our Patient Results
Are You a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction can address a broad spectrum of dental health issues. If you suffer from any of the following concerns, reconstruction may be right for you:
- Missing teeth
- Loose teeth, especially due to gum disease
- Cracked teeth
- Weakened teeth
- Bone loss
Dr. Meek or Dr. Tasch will take x-rays and conduct a visual exam to determine which procedures to include in your full mouth reconstruction treatment plan. Your dentist will also inquire about your budget and personal goals for treatment.
After reconstruction, you could even enjoy foods that you have not been able to eat in years.
Common Treatments for Full Mouth Reconstruction
Most of our patients require significant treatment to rebuild their smiles. We typically provide personalized care with implant-supported dentures. These lifelike restorations can replace several or a full arch of teeth after widespread decay, gum disease, or trauma have occurred. To finish rebuilding the rest of your smile, you may include other restorative dentistry procedures in your treatment plan, such as:
- Fillings: Fillings are the most frequent treatment for small to medium-sized cavities. This type of restoration will strengthen and seal your tooth.
- Dental crowns: A crown can fully cover your tooth to strengthen it and repair large areas of decay as well as restore a dental implant to replace a single tooth. Drs. Meek and Tasch work meticulously when providing dental crowns, and they will never rush you through your appointment. In this way, they can ensure your comfort and long-lasting restorations.
- Bridges: Custom-made dental bridges can replace multiple missing teeth. Along with traditional bridges, which will attach to your teeth, we also offer implant-supported bridges. These restorations are highly stable, and the implants can prevent bone loss.
- Root canal therapy: Our dentists can eliminate a dental infection by removing the soft inner tissue of the tooth and restoring the exterior with a dental crown.
Our team can help you develop the most efficient treatment plan to address all your concerns and rebuild your oral health.
Risks and Benefits of Reconstruction
Cross contamination and infection are two risks of full mouth reconstruction. However, because we follow rigorous safety protocols, the many treatment risks are managed and greatly reduced when you visit 38th Street Dental. We maintain relationships with an outstanding and highly experienced board certified surgeons and will refer you to a qualified practitioner should you need help with a surgical partner.
While the risks of full mouth reconstruction are minimal, the benefits are quite significant. First, the combined treatments can improve your dental function so that you can bite and chew normally. After reconstruction, you could even enjoy foods that you have not been able to eat in years. Second, full mouth reconstruction can have important health benefits. By removing decayed tissue, your dentist can lower your risk for additional cavities and gum disease. Dental implants will even prevent bone loss and potential tooth loss. Finally, after your full mouth reconstruction, you will enjoy a dramatically improved appearance. Not only can your dentist replace your missing teeth. He can also enhance damaged teeth to give you a more even and youthful smile.
Contact Us to Begin Planning Your Care
Many patients consider full mouth reconstruction to be a life-changing experience. Contact 38th Street Dental to learn more about full mouth reconstruction, your possible costs, and to find out what procedures we could include in your treatment plan.