As with all our treatments at 38th Street Dental, dental implants are completely customized. Therefore, the cost of your treatment could vary significantly. When you come in for your consultation, Dr. C. Mike Meek or Dr. David J. Tasch will explain the various factors affecting dental implant cost at our Austin, TX, practice. These considerations include preparatory treatments, the number of dental implants, and the scope of your restorative needs. Implants will cost more than other types of restorations. However, they also offer a number of advantages over traditional prosthetics. We will work hard to keep our treatment as affordable as possible while still using effective technology with well researched and proven materials.
Implants Are an Invaluable Investment in Your Smile
When you are considering the cost of dental implants, it is important to remember that, with proper care, have the best long-term prognosis of any dental restoration in the market. By replacing your tooth roots, dental implants will also send regenerative signals to your jaw. Therefore, like your natural roots, they will prevent bone loss. In this way, the posts will protect your appearance and remaining teeth. Additionally, because your jaw will not change shape, your implant-supported restoration will continue to fit as comfortably and securely as it did the day you got it.
Our Patient Results
Because of these benefits, implants may save you a large amount of money over time. If you receive a traditional restoration, you will eventually need to replace it. Plus, with removable dentures, you will need to have them relined and readjusted to accommodate your changing facial structure.
Calculating the Cost of Your Treatment
The total cost of your dental implants will depend on your unique treatment plan. When providing your estimate, Dr. Meek or Dr. Tasch will take several different factors into account:
- Prerequisite procedures: If you have suffered bone loss, you may require a bone graft or sinus lift before you can receive implants. These additional surgeries are priced separately.
- Sedation: At 38th Street Dental, we offer both nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation. Nitrous oxide typically costs less, but oral conscious sedation will help you to relax more deeply.
- Number of implants: Implants are priced separately. Therefore, your costs will be higher if you receive multiple posts.
- Type of restoration: A full denture will cost more than a smaller restoration, such as a crown. We also offer several restorative materials. More advanced options may cost more, but they will typically provide a more realistic appearance.
Benefits of Dental Implants
In addition to their durability, implants have several other advantages over traditional restorations.
- Improved oral function: Your implant-supported prosthetic will never slip or wiggle around in your mouth. Therefore, you can enjoy a diverse, varied diet.
- Realistic appearance: With implants, you will not have a plastic base or metal attachment pieces. Rather, your restoration will sit right against your gums, and it will be virtually identical to your natural teeth.
- Convenience: Implant-supported restorations are very easy to care for. You will simply need to clean them as you would your natural teeth.
Because of these benefits, most implant patients are very happy with their investment.
Receive Your Treatment Estimate
With a personal consultation, we can give you an honest and accurate estimate of how much you can expect your treatment to run. To learn more about the cost of implants, contact our office today.